Skip to main content

A couple of Fox 13 nuggets



Hearing that freelancer Jillian Raftery, who most recently worked for KIRO Radio, has joined Fox 13 as the new morning executive producer, dealing with the happy, go lucky, Good Day Seattle crew.   She was formerly a special projects producer at KIRO7 and did a stint with the Seattle City Club management.

Also hearing of a 'dust-up' between a top news manager and producer during a morning editorial meeting there which sent a producer out of the room in awful tears.   Apparently it was about a lunch hour she was granted, something that a former insider confirms 'was and is' a rarity at the station for news personnel.   Certainly there is room for a sandwich at The Live Desk, right?


Comments

  1. Congrats to Jillian on her new role!

    As for the 'dust-up', I hope the station will make lunch breaks a priority going forward. No one is going to be effective during the second half of their day if they don't have a meal and a break. Food and rest are essential for humans to be fully functional.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED: Seattle TV Weather Wizard's Finale

Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning.  Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next.  Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management.  Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate.    I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck.   Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Rebecca Stevenson has left KOMO

 "I am no longer at Komo 4." Thanks.  Longtime Weather Anchor Rebecca Stevenson confirms that she left the station just before Christmas.  Her last Facebook posts are 12/17.  She has the Seattle station Quintafecta, having worked at the old NWCN, KING, KIRO, KCPQ and KOMO.  Looks like her decision.  Wants a new chapter.   She was doing mainly weekend evenings for KOMO.  Perhaps Stella Sun will move there.   She has been sharing weekend mornings with Theron Zahn.    

Where is Frankie?

Many have missed KIRO 7's weekend PM weather anchor, Frankie Katafias, so I reached out to some of my sources to find an answer.    She is apparently taking a few months of leave, but not known specifically what the reason may be.  Although there is uncertainty, it could be a personal or family matter.   I am told she is expected back at some point in the new year.  She is a great asset to what has become a troubled station.  Meanwhile former KOIN Portland chief met holds down the fort.