I'm told multiple engineers are out at Fox 13, leaving just two behind, combined with the production department to get the new studio ready for November in Denny Triangle. Don't get the wires crossed over there, OK?
Meanwhile, looks like Abby Acone's vacated weather position there will not be filled. She left to join sales at KING. So, more work for Brian, Claire and Ilona.
I get no info at all that things are going well on Westlake right now.

If Abby's weather position is not being filled, that is going to stretch Brian, Claire, and Ilona thin. They are all excellent meteorologists who deserve to be able to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. Stretching them thin is not going to help them do that. Fox 13 needs to seriously reconsider not filling Abby's position.
ReplyDeleteI'd agree. IIRC wasn't it you or Wayne that suggested they wouldn't be able to get away with this for long although right now they're probably OK with Ilona in the AM and on weekends taping her PM segments. They do need to at minimum hire a hybrid reporter/weather person and while Jen Dowling has handled that role well in recent weeks, the station probably needs her more in the field than in studio IMO
DeleteYou recall correctly. It was me who made the suggestion, and I stand by it. Storm season is fast approaching (the Grays Harbor coast is actually supposed to have its first big windstorm of the season tomorrow...inland areas are to be spared, as far as I know), and Fox 13 needs a fully staffed weather department to bring viewers live weather reports in all timeslots where they do news as storms can occur at any time, day or night. Taped weather reports during storm season should be avoided at all cost. I agree that Jen has been handling the hybrid news and weather role quite well since Abby left.
DeleteI'm sorry to hear that Fox 13 has parted ways with most of their engineers. I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.
ReplyDelete