KUOW-FM and KIRO-AM are still OneTwo in the August People Meter Ratings for Seattle, although #1 KUOW caught a big jump from a 7.7 share to a 9.4, its biggest number since May when it had a 10.1. Wondering in the Bite of Seattle violence and the Mayor-Police Chief fiasco was the reason which all started on Jul 26. The rating period was July 23-August 19.
KIRO-AM stayed in second with a 7.0 share, up from a 6.4. KJR-FM is doing nothing, but maybe the Huskies will help.
See for yourselves:

For all the noise that fills the radio spectrum these days, I just have to smile that KING-FM is consistently posting decent numbers!
ReplyDeleteKING-FM seems to be doing quite well at the moment. I look forward to seeing if their current success will continue as the holiday season approaches.
DeleteI was going through some menus on the touchscreen in my car trying to turn on the air conditioner when some noises started and I heard people talking. Was that the “radio”? Not super familiar with this technology. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteWould have to guess that Seattle is the only market that has their NPR station as top-rated, would I be correct about this?
ReplyDeleteRhett, actually WAMU in DC is even better than KUOW. It's American University's station and it's been in double digit numbers for 13 of the last 14 rating periods, just finishing its fourth book in a row as #1, beating the venerable WTOP Newsradio, with an 11.7 number.
DeleteWow.
DeleteKQED is #1 in San Francisco, ahead of KCBS.
DeleteThanks for that update.
DeleteHave to think KIRO AM is all about the Mariners. I don't know anyone who listens to that station otherwise.
ReplyDelete