Skip to main content

How does Hussion feel?


KOMO anchor Patrick Hussion should recuse himself from reading stories about the Trump ban of CNN, MS Now and Politico since his old colleague lackeys at lackey OAN still get in.  He even covered the White House for that phony outfit.  IMHO, we need to know where he stands on this.  Free Press or Fake News.  Let's hear from you Patrick?  I'm sure you're welcome at Sinclair, but maybe you're in recovery. 

Comments

  1. Its important that we know where Hussion stands on this and other issues. His time working for OAN made it clear that he is not unbiased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you protest when Jonathan Choi, Kvi and others were denied access to democratic news conference. They had to go to court for their freedom of the press.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choe and Kruse are local TV failures. Neither anchor a major Seattle TV newscast. Not even a comparison to impact. More people listen to the police scanner than KVI, 25th in the latest ratings, down from July. If you want to have a discussion, please stop grasping at straws.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't u a nwcn failure. Look at what occupies your time now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Son, I retired 11 years ago. I am a critic, not a PR man. Don't like it, don't read. Mr. Invisible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "His time working for OAN made it clear that he is not unbiased." AND you think anyone at 4, 5, 7, and 13 is not biased in one way or the other? They all have clean hands? "we need to know where he stands on this" DO WE? Isn't an answer to this question, in itself, a bias-- one way or the other? Or do you only care that everyone has the same opinion as YOU? -- "Choe and Kruse are local TV failures. Neither anchor a major Seattle TV newscast." They got out due to severe Left-wing BIAS. They were not allowed to report on stories that mattered. Their stance is opposite yours--so you despise them. It's obvious. -- Really, this is the pot calling the kettle black. You yell "BIAS!" You should be standing at the mirror when you say that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has their biases. The fine people who work at our local television stations are no exception. It is just that those who work in local news are traditionally supposed to be fair and objective, and keep their biases to themselves. Hussion, from what I've seen, has been doing quite well at being fair and objective since joining KOMO. However, his past work at OAN, which included making a speech at CPAC (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDs3zR2SKtM), is difficult to ignore, especially in a media market that is increasingly the polar opposite of conservative. Because of this, I do believe that, in this isolated instance, viewers should know where Hussion stands on issues like this so that they can decide for themselves whether or not they want to watch him. I don't agree with Hussion on many issues, but that hasn't kept me from watching him or KOMO.

      Delete
  7. No they got out because 1. Choe went rogue without supervision. 2. Kruse talk show abysmally failed because it was unwatchable with mediocre sourcing and guests. I could walk down the street and show people their pictures. Nobody would know them. I looked into the mirror and saw wonderful opinions. Lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess denial satisfies you. You have IDC9 echoing your every opinion, sucking up to you. It's hard to believe IDC9 is not just AI. You belittle those opinions which oppose yours. You scoff at anyone who sees reality, as opposed to the dogmatic YES men that hang on your words. THIS blog is an echo chamber that you feel comfortable in. This is your safe place. It is a farce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to get in the middle of this dispute, but since I've been invoked, I would like to clarify a couple of things.

      1. I am not AI. I am a real person.

      2. I may echo a number of Wayne's opinions, but it is not because I am sucking up to him. It is simply that I find myself agreeing with a lot of what Wayne has to say, including in this instance. But that does not mean that we agree on everything.

      Delete
  9. You are AI, too well written. You are grifter hiding behind anonymity with no credibility and jealous that no one pays attention to you or cares. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. After reading this, I may have to rethink my desire to resurrect the Fairness Doctrine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, Choe was fired for insubordination after making a Neo nazi sizzle reel and posting it online.. he and Kruse are not journalists. They are funded by right-wing groups, and they practice no journalism standards in their reporting or actions. kruse’s involvement with Let’s Go Washington makes her out a journalist, but a political agent. Let’s stop pretending they are legitimate journalists. CNN, MSNOW and Politico do practice these standards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kruse is funded by no one but her advertisers and subscribers. That’s it, full stop.

      Delete
    2. If you think her Patreon isn’t flooded with anonymous right-wing dark money, I’ve got some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you.

      Delete
    3. Kruse is not to be trusted. Period.

      Delete
  12. CNN, MSNOW and Politico have an anti-Trump agenda, which most readers of this blog would support. THAT is bias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a difference between Bias, and stories you don’t like. They aren’t a MAGA echo chamber that you clearly enjoy. Wanna talk bias? What do you think Fox News OANN and Newsmax do? If you’re calling CNN and MSNOW and politico out for an alleged bias, you have to admit that the MAGA cheerleaders there are bias but you won’t, because they fit your world view.

      Delete
    2. With that argument -- Why are you all picking on ANYONE in the local news media about their personal beliefs? Until Hussion or anyone else, locally, stands up and speaks for or against any political stance while reporting local news-- what business is it of yours? This conversation--The topic of this post -- is assinine.

      Delete
    3. Not 'picking on' anyone. Just asking a question. He represents fair reporting on KOMO. I happen to be a TV critic as someone with 45 years in the business. You have your opinions and I have mine and I have a platform to express them and you have chosen to do the same here. It's a conversation and that's a good thing.

      Delete
    4. He made his beliefs publicly known. That is the difference. I don't want to know beliefs, but he trashed the news media and he speaks on the news daily. Guess I am puzzled.

      Delete
  13. I'll ask the central question again: Because of his previous and very public anti-news media comments and his work at One America Network, does KOMO anchor Hussion support a free press in the face of Trump's ban, or, does he still believe in 'fake news' on the part of those organizations and their journalists as Trump touts. That has reputational/creditbility importance for him and viewers who watch and trust him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED: Seattle TV Weather Wizard's Finale

Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning.  Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next.  Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management.  Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate.    I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck.   Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Rebecca Stevenson has left KOMO

 "I am no longer at Komo 4." Thanks.  Longtime Weather Anchor Rebecca Stevenson confirms that she left the station just before Christmas.  Her last Facebook posts are 12/17.  She has the Seattle station Quintafecta, having worked at the old NWCN, KING, KIRO, KCPQ and KOMO.  Looks like her decision.  Wants a new chapter.   She was doing mainly weekend evenings for KOMO.  Perhaps Stella Sun will move there.   She has been sharing weekend mornings with Theron Zahn.    

Where is Frankie?

Many have missed KIRO 7's weekend PM weather anchor, Frankie Katafias, so I reached out to some of my sources to find an answer.    She is apparently taking a few months of leave, but not known specifically what the reason may be.  Although there is uncertainty, it could be a personal or family matter.   I am told she is expected back at some point in the new year.  She is a great asset to what has become a troubled station.  Meanwhile former KOIN Portland chief met holds down the fort.