Skip to main content

Final outs missed for radio Rick Rizzs?



Looks likes 'Seattle Red KTTH 770' botched final three outs called by retiring historic PxP announcer Rick Rizzs., according to a social post from KING 5 sports anchor Chris Egan.   

From Egan:  "Missed Rick Rizzs final 3 outs on radio because they went to national news on 770am" 

But here it is posted ICYMI:

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1D2Vm1JMRr/

It was on M's TV.

Comments

  1. A major slap in the face to Rick, the Mariners, and all Mariners fans. The national news could have, and should have, waited until after the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KTTH did get the Ms coverage back sometime during Rizzs’ speech. I intentionally took a drive in my car to hear the final two innings on the radio. Wilson took the shine off the festivities by announcing he had been canned anyway. Rizzs deserved better…

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2kQ08T7XZ8. Fortunately, fans who missed that it was posted to YouTube and there's several different YT clips of that final inning. Little consolation of course to fans who wanted to hear it live and I expect the M's will have a word with 710 about that. My thinking is is that it was a technical error on 770's end in that they had the news break hard-timed and it's a Sunday so there was probably no board op in the studio to catch that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the YouTube post!! And I agree...no one to override the hard out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED: Seattle TV Weather Wizard's Finale

Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning.  Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next.  Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management.  Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate.    I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck.   Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Rebecca Stevenson has left KOMO

 "I am no longer at Komo 4." Thanks.  Longtime Weather Anchor Rebecca Stevenson confirms that she left the station just before Christmas.  Her last Facebook posts are 12/17.  She has the Seattle station Quintafecta, having worked at the old NWCN, KING, KIRO, KCPQ and KOMO.  Looks like her decision.  Wants a new chapter.   She was doing mainly weekend evenings for KOMO.  Perhaps Stella Sun will move there.   She has been sharing weekend mornings with Theron Zahn.    

Where is Frankie?

Many have missed KIRO 7's weekend PM weather anchor, Frankie Katafias, so I reached out to some of my sources to find an answer.    She is apparently taking a few months of leave, but not known specifically what the reason may be.  Although there is uncertainty, it could be a personal or family matter.   I am told she is expected back at some point in the new year.  She is a great asset to what has become a troubled station.  Meanwhile former KOIN Portland chief met holds down the fort.