KJR-FM's longtime radio host Softy Mahler is replacing Elise Woodward as sideline reporter on the station's broadcast of the 114th Apple Cup Saturday at Husky Stadium. Jessamyn McIntyre will be on the opposite sideline as usual for the Cougar Radio Network. It should be a barnburner, a nailbiter, a cliffhanger and that's just the game!
As you may know, Woodward now does the play-by-play now after years on the Husky sideline.

Probably shouldn't be a surprise Mahler is handling sideline for Husky radio this weekend with the amount of experience he has covering the team and as a lot of people feel being openly "homer" about it. That said, anyone who follows him on X knows he is a regular attendee of the UW football pressers so I'd expect a very knowledgeable, professional level of coverage from him in this role
ReplyDeleteDave has filled in for Elise in the past as a sideline reporter and has been surprisingly professional and not a homer like I thought he would. I think he'll do well in the role.
DeleteThe awful truth is I have never listened to a Husky game on radio. Just clips if they are posted.
Delete