The style advisor for Internet sports writer Corbin Smith has badly and irrevocably lost his/her way. The worst, distracting, hilarious, poor-fitting scorchingly RED blazer paired with the totally unmatched tie he wore on the Seahawks pre-game show is beyond redemption. Fox 13 Sports Director Aaron Levine, always dressed professionally, has to shade his eyes for this co-hosts outfit, not to mention the mutton chops. Stick with the web, Corbin, although I hear he has discontinued his association with something online
called 'Locked In.' People will write me and say he has the right to wear what he wants. It is NOT a right. It is a matter of common sense, viewer taste and on-air credibility. He's not Steve Harvey.
Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning. Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next. Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management. Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate. I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck. Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...


Corbin's outfit is certainly different than what we are used to seeing on local television. It might work in a television market that is more, for lack of better terms, flashy and in-your-face (Miami being a prime example). But that is not what the Seattle market is. It might also work if the Seahawks' team color was bright red. But it isn't. In the end, his outfit was a big distraction from the content that was being presented on the program.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.emeraldcityspectrum.com/ Corbin is leading Emerald City Spectrum. Everyone is welcome to there one views on his outfit, but saying he is discontinuing his web activity is wrong.
ReplyDeleteLooks like he has a solid sports coverage outlet going there. Good for him!
DeleteHe left something called Locked In. Whatever that is.
ReplyDeleteLocked On is a large network of sports podcasts covering the NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL, and some colleges nationwide. Locally, they produce dedicated podcasts for the Seahawks, Mariners, Kraken, Huskies, and Gonzaga.
Deletehttps://lockedonpodcasts.com/
https://lockedonpodcasts.com/about/ Was founded by David Locke, formerly with KJR 950. Currently play by play for Utah Jazz, formerly Sonics.
ReplyDeleteLocked In, Locked On? It's not on TV, which I cover. If I walked up to 20 people on the street asked them about it, there would be a blank stare.. I posted his goodbye letter. Case closed.
ReplyDeleteSmith has no traction with an audience watching linear football pre game or post game, period.
ReplyDeleteI caught the outfit thing, too! It certain garnered attention.
DeleteLooks like he's trying to be like an old Hockey Night In Canada guy (no idea of his name) who was famous for his outlandish outfits. If I watched this show, I'd have to scrounge up and old black and white TV.
ReplyDeleteDon Cherry had a national rep in Canada, so he could do it.
Delete