Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning. Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next. Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management. Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate. I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck. Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...
MEDIA MAVEN - Publishing media news and opinion (with some sarcasm and humor) in the Pacific Northwest, covering Seattle TV talent and programming & even a litte beyond. Maybe even some sports. Retired longtime broadcast journalist and manager in multiple top markets, ex-writing prof at UW and PLU in WA St., wrote Season of the 76ers (2002) and a new horror novel, Blood Stained Papers. Kent State and American U Masters alum, Pittsburgh native. Copyright 2025-26 All Rights Reserved

A big win for KUOW! Their leg work paid off. What I wonder about is how they came to the decision to make the daily phone calls to the election office. They must have known or suspected that this might be coming.
ReplyDeleteAnd they probably did, IDC. I don't know if all of you will agree with me on this but it seems like the Seattle media, KOMO/Q13/KIRO Radio in particular but I'd presume most everyone else as well to a lesser degree, has turned on the mayor over her office's poor response to the incident at the Center
DeleteThis story should make for a fascinating local political story along with local and national races.
ReplyDeleteFor sure. Even though I do not anticipate this recall going anywhere but we will of course see about that
DeleteIt certainly adds a new level of intrigue to what is shaping up to be a busy midterm election.
DeleteSeems to me a good number of Seattlites have concluded she isn’t ready for prime time. The real issue is the voting base in Seattle aren’t property owners
ReplyDeleteIt would be interesting to see what property owners think of Wilson compared to what renters think of her. I get the feeling their opinions could be quite different. Perhaps one of the local TV stations should do a story or two on that.
DeleteKIRO Newsradio did an interview with the couple that filed the recall charges. As for TV, nothing more than a 30-second insert.
ReplyDeleteI believe Harris at KOMO had them on camera first with a full interview. They've made the rounds.
Delete