Skip to main content

The Worst Countdown Clock in Seattle TV Sports History!


Well, I know all of you Seahawks fans watching KOMO Sunday were on pins and needles to know when the opening game will take place, but this is ridiculous.  Just an absolute insult to any of the team's fans, 60,000 plus fans who have tickets and thousands more set to watch.   Not 10 seconds, Not 10 hours, Not 10 minutes.  TEN DAYS!    Whose idea was this?   NBC has the game!     Same person who won't give Menino a riser with Hussion on mornings.   Management gone awry as usual.

Comments

  1. It’s a clock Wayne, how is this an insult? That's quite the visceral reaction. Gotta get your KOMO bashing quota in I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most Hawks fans know the game day and time. We don't need a seeing-eye eye clock. It's stupid. How bout a countdown clock to the next Mariners loss?

      Delete
    2. ICYMI I praised KOMO for its Bite of Seattle coverage and for being the only station to send a reporter to the NFL vote on the new team owner. I have also posted that Daniels, Harris, Kent and Cunnington were a strong reporting crew. So much for your 'bashing' comment, eh? That said, I still despise Sinclair.

      Delete
    3. Visceral? True, many belly laughs. Lol.

      Delete
    4. A countdown clock to the next Mariners loss would be even less useful than this Seahawks countdown clock that KOMO is running. You never know if they are going to win a game or a lose a game until the end of said game.

      Delete
  2. This is grasping at straws, even for you. You should delete this before too many people read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, gonna leave it up just to bug you. It's a sarcastic, fun, opinion blog. Read something else if you don't like it.

      Delete
    2. It's a two-bit gimmick to show how community oriented they are, looking out for viewers. LMAO. No Huskies countdown?

      Delete
    3. They might do one for the Huskies. As long as they're doing them for the Seahawks, it could be seen as a disservice to fans of the other local teams, even though the entire concept is gimmicky and unnecessary.

      Delete
  3. Starting a countdown clock ten days out is a little much. Starting it three days out would be more reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a weird reach. Trying to be FTVLive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, FTV gets ads and Patrons. I'm freestanding. Where's the Oct 1 Kraken season opener Countdown Clock? Dumb gimmick.

      Delete
    2. Why do I get the feeling that KOMO will soon introduce a Kraken season opener countdown clock? If they can do one for the Seahawks, then they certainly do one for the Kraken.

      Delete
  5. It’s dumb. 10 days out? And not on your air? Not the worst thing ever but a definite reach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it were on KOMO's air, it would make a bit more sense. But ten days out is too much!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED: Seattle TV Weather Wizard's Finale

Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning.  Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next.  Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management.  Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate.    I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck.   Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Rebecca Stevenson has left KOMO

 "I am no longer at Komo 4." Thanks.  Longtime Weather Anchor Rebecca Stevenson confirms that she left the station just before Christmas.  Her last Facebook posts are 12/17.  She has the Seattle station Quintafecta, having worked at the old NWCN, KING, KIRO, KCPQ and KOMO.  Looks like her decision.  Wants a new chapter.   She was doing mainly weekend evenings for KOMO.  Perhaps Stella Sun will move there.   She has been sharing weekend mornings with Theron Zahn.    

Where is Frankie?

Many have missed KIRO 7's weekend PM weather anchor, Frankie Katafias, so I reached out to some of my sources to find an answer.    She is apparently taking a few months of leave, but not known specifically what the reason may be.  Although there is uncertainty, it could be a personal or family matter.   I am told she is expected back at some point in the new year.  She is a great asset to what has become a troubled station.  Meanwhile former KOIN Portland chief met holds down the fort.