Looks like Studio 13 on Fox 13 goes away at the end of this week, according to a source. Last show live Thursday. I note on the cable grid that on Monday, a Washington Sports Wrap rerun will start air at 11 a.m.next week in a strange morning and very dated position, but perhaps trying to fill the spot where The Ultimate Sports Show used to air on KONG and got some traction, now moved to 3 on KING.
I assume host Mirey Garcia will continuue news anchoring in the mornings and her Spanish newscast.

I would also assume that Garcia will continue with her other duties even though Studio 13 is coming to an end. Good Day Seattle isn't going anywhere, and the Spanish language newscast shouldn't be either.
ReplyDeleteI am told the Fox 13 ND wants her aboard.
DeleteThats a good sign.
DeleteYup. Garcia's versatility in anchoring in particular the Spanish language newscast is something the station I'm assuming values greatly so the ND is right to want her to stick around
DeleteConsidering that the Spanish newscast is akin to those quick five-minute news breaks/news briefs that the local stations and networks did many moons back.
DeleteKUNS Seattle had a 30-minute newscast. I do think Alejandra Guzman did this "newscast" as well before Garcia took up the task.