Her goodbye post below!
After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning. Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next. Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management. Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities.
Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate. I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck.
Here's Abby's goodbye post:
My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️
🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in this business.
❤️ The happiest years of my career have been here at FOX 13. It’s been a true delight and honor to keep you informed and safe, delivering the forecast and the news through sunny days, atmospheric rivers, and everything in between.
📺 For the last five years, you, the viewers, and I have been on a journey together. You’ve watched me grow, learn, and thrive, and I’ve been so lucky to have you along for the ride. Thank you for welcoming me into your home and trusting me to be a small part of your day.
🙏🏻Sunday is my last newscast at FOX 13 - I hope you join us!
As for where I’m going next: I’m excited to share more soon. As we say in the biz, stay tuned ❤️

I wish Abby the best of luck in her future endeavors. Her time at FOX 13 has been interesting to say the least.
ReplyDeleteWhat is “favored nation” status?
ReplyDeleteI'm told she was very popular with the bosses.
DeleteAbsolutely not. Management despised her. All she did was complain about how busy she was while she was making TikToks about being gay. She had maybe five friends in the building. Everyone else is glad.
DeleteOk, a reliable source told me otherwise, but duly noted. There's always two sides to every story.
DeleteAbby was amazing at Fox 13 KCPQ-TV Seattle. Wondering who they're going to replace her with?
ReplyDeleteI am gonna bet on sometime-freelancer Stephen Kilbreath for starters. News reporter Lauren Donovan has done some weather fill in as well. We shall see.
DeleteWhoever it is would have to do double duty on weekends with both weather and anchor desk
DeleteKilbreath anchored the news on NWCN a few times in the cable news channel's later years. So he wouldn't be coming into a hybrid news/weather role completely green on the news side. Of course, he has lots of expierence doing the weather on KING and FOX 13.
DeleteYes he was a very versatile asset for NWCN and can do both roles well. Ight actually help Taylor W be stronger.
DeleteI wish Abby all the best in this new chapter of her life.
ReplyDeleteAbby did not want to work weekends anymore and would like to spend time with her new wife, but like at her previous jobs, nobody on the weekday team is leaving to provide a space for her to move up.
ReplyDeleteConsidering Fox 13 has that streaming block that also airs on Fox 13 Plus weekdays from 1pm to 4pm, could they have assigned Abby to that block and added a new meterologist to fill the weekend morning shift? I know that adding resources in this current era of endless cutbacks is a hard sell, but Fox 13 is producing enough newscasts each week to warrant having five full-time meterologists on staff.
DeleteYes, makes sense. She was boxed in on early weekend mornings which kills Friday and Saturday nights socially.
ReplyDeleteShe was GREAT on weekends - funny and happy! That's what we need!!
ReplyDeleteWhat is this? Looks like either she didn't show or KCPQ played hardball and opted not to run the weekend morning news. Maybe I am wrong.
ReplyDelete??
DeleteDang. I was wrong again. Somebody shoot me. lol
DeleteI looked for it but couldn’t find it anywhere. Even looked on their website only to find it missing. It showed yesterday’s as the latest.. Bye bye Abby.
ReplyDeleteNot following what you were looking for, sorry M
DeleteSo Abby and I share a mutual "girl"-friend (hence the reason I am staying anonymous) and was told that she wanted to propose to her now-wife on the air. I don't know much in TV policy, but it was nixed due to scheduling and as a "consolation" prize, the ones in charge allowed Abby to mention her engagement at the end of the show. Now, if you're wondering if working a weekend shift was anything, it was a promotion as far as I was told and what they got was a "two-for-one" specia of someone who can do both the news and weather, get a little more money and screen time. I have not been told of her post-TV plans, but it could be she wants a position that allows her the flexibility to spend it with family and with her new wife.
ReplyDeleteIt was always All About Abby, the brand builder. TV marriage or engagement announcements are best left in private. Not in stadium jumbotrons or station studios. Maybe stations should announce break-ups and divorces?
DeleteIf stations are going to announce marriages and engagements, then they should announce break-ups and divorces. Ideally, they wouldn't announce any of them. However, if they're going to announce some of them, they should announce all of them, if only for fairness.
DeleteOn a semi-related note, KIRO posted a video from their morning newscast today announcing that anchor DeeDee Sun is pregnant.
https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/video-deedee-is-pregnant/be303ed1-2369-47ad-abb1-084fccc97098/
Abby has been removed from the list of meteorologists on KCPQ's website. fait accompl
ReplyDeleteWell smite me for even thinking for a second that Miss Abby might be pregnant.
ReplyDelete