Skip to main content

This Seattle radio keeps Kraken the Ice!




Per social media just in:

"A winning partnership continues! 

" The @SeattleKraken and @933KJR through @iHeartMedia Seattle have announced a multi-year extension of their broadcast partnership." 

I have to add as a personal opinion that listening to hockey on radio is very very difficult unless you're watching the TV broadcast at the same time. 

Comments

  1. Hockey, baseball, and basketball have never appealed to me and as a matter of fact neither has watching them. If I’m going to watch anything, it’ll be football and then only if I’m really bored and then not for long . Call me a wuss but I’m a happy old wuss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that KJR will be continuing its broadcast partnership with the Kraken. Hockey might not be the easiest sport to listen to without watching the television broadcast at the same time, having the option to be able to at least listen to the game is better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Kraken haven't been good on the ice. But much like the local MLB team, their broadcasts on both radio and tv are top shelf good. Although, I think the Mariners tv broadcasts this season have taken a big step backwards in both talent and production value. Maybe the Kraken grabbed all the good production people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Kraken did make off with some good people. I have never listened to Kraken games on radio. I'm sure they're good, but just don't buy hockey or soccer or radio. Hard to visualize the field or rink without the TV games.

      Delete
    2. I understand what you are saying, but to keep a foothold in this market, you need maximum exposure.

      Delete
  4. For sure. It's just a personal dislike for hockey on radio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me wonders.... if there is a Sonics element to both the radio with KJR and tv with Tegna contracts. Same ownership for both NHL and NBA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED: Seattle TV Weather Wizard's Finale

Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning.  Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next.  Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management.  Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate.    I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck.   Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Rebecca Stevenson has left KOMO

 "I am no longer at Komo 4." Thanks.  Longtime Weather Anchor Rebecca Stevenson confirms that she left the station just before Christmas.  Her last Facebook posts are 12/17.  She has the Seattle station Quintafecta, having worked at the old NWCN, KING, KIRO, KCPQ and KOMO.  Looks like her decision.  Wants a new chapter.   She was doing mainly weekend evenings for KOMO.  Perhaps Stella Sun will move there.   She has been sharing weekend mornings with Theron Zahn.    

Where is Frankie?

Many have missed KIRO 7's weekend PM weather anchor, Frankie Katafias, so I reached out to some of my sources to find an answer.    She is apparently taking a few months of leave, but not known specifically what the reason may be.  Although there is uncertainty, it could be a personal or family matter.   I am told she is expected back at some point in the new year.  She is a great asset to what has become a troubled station.  Meanwhile former KOIN Portland chief met holds down the fort.