Skip to main content

Roger that, Chris!



KOMO Senior reporter Chris Daniels gets a word with NFL Commish Roger Goodell on the day the league approves the sale of the Seahawks.   This is one of those cases where having Daniels covering the business side pays dividends.   The NFL knows him to be credible and aggressive.

Comments

  1. Good on Chris for landing the interview with Goodell! He continues to prove that he is the go-to reporter for the stories about the business side of Seattle sports!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dividends not dividents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fixed it by pushing the correct spelling but it must not have completed the action and I failed to take a second look. No excuse.

      Delete
  3. Chris was the ONLY Seattle TV reporter down there and I view this as a big fail for the rest of the stations in town. This is a very significant story for our region and why the other stations - all of whom have Atlanta sister stations (KIRO/WSB, KING/11 Alive, Q13/Fox Atlanta)- couldn't at minimum ask their Atlanta partners to send people out to that Marriott Hotel by the airport down there to cover this on the Seattle stations' behalf. Massive fail by the other stations in town IMO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this, surprising.

      Delete
    2. It is very surprising indeed! This is a scenario in which having sister stations is a good thing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED: Seattle TV Weather Wizard's Finale

Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning.  Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next.  Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management.  Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate.    I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck.   Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Rebecca Stevenson has left KOMO

 "I am no longer at Komo 4." Thanks.  Longtime Weather Anchor Rebecca Stevenson confirms that she left the station just before Christmas.  Her last Facebook posts are 12/17.  She has the Seattle station Quintafecta, having worked at the old NWCN, KING, KIRO, KCPQ and KOMO.  Looks like her decision.  Wants a new chapter.   She was doing mainly weekend evenings for KOMO.  Perhaps Stella Sun will move there.   She has been sharing weekend mornings with Theron Zahn.    

Where is Frankie?

Many have missed KIRO 7's weekend PM weather anchor, Frankie Katafias, so I reached out to some of my sources to find an answer.    She is apparently taking a few months of leave, but not known specifically what the reason may be.  Although there is uncertainty, it could be a personal or family matter.   I am told she is expected back at some point in the new year.  She is a great asset to what has become a troubled station.  Meanwhile former KOIN Portland chief met holds down the fort.