Skip to main content

Fox Seattle lifestyle host posts a program semi-farewell




From: Mireya Garcia:  

Today was Studio 13 Live’s Final Episode! 

But don’t worry, I am not going anywhere. All the things you love about the show are moving to the 9 and 10am hour of Good Day Seattle. So, we will see each other there!

Huge thank you to my friend, Radio King, and fill-in host Bender with Mornings with Jodi & Bender for suiting up and joining me live on set on this special day. ❤️ 

I’m so excited to keep working with this incredible crew on the best morning show in Seattle!

Comments

  1. Wayne why do you think this didn't work? And does the Look at me Kelly Hansen Show on KING work better for some reason? I enjoyed Mireya and thought she did a terrific job. Didn't love the old co-host Carley but originally when it was a two person show, found myself being entertained. The fill in hosts from the radio and sports world were actually refreshing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to pinpoint. New Day had a major head start in viewership and popularity with Margaret Larson as the first host a long time ago. Maybe two morning shows like this was too much for one market to carry. Thus rates might have been much lower at Fox and the station kept trimming it along the way as a result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many other markets, both larger and smaller than Seattle, are able to support two or more of these types of programs without any problems. Portland is a good example, with AM Northwest at 9am on KATU, Everyday Northwest at 9am on KRCW (produced by KOIN), and Hello Rose City on KGW at 11am. That being said, every market is different, and Seattle viewers might not be as into the type of program that Studio 13 was compared to other markets. New Day on KING has found an audience during the 16 years its been on the air, and perhaps thats all the audience there is for a program of its type in this market.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rebecca Stevenson has left KOMO

 "I am no longer at Komo 4." Thanks.  Longtime Weather Anchor Rebecca Stevenson confirms that she left the station just before Christmas.  Her last Facebook posts are 12/17.  She has the Seattle station Quintafecta, having worked at the old NWCN, KING, KIRO, KCPQ and KOMO.  Looks like her decision.  Wants a new chapter.   She was doing mainly weekend evenings for KOMO.  Perhaps Stella Sun will move there.   She has been sharing weekend mornings with Theron Zahn.    

UPDATED: Seattle TV Weather Wizard's Finale

Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning.  Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next.  Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management.  Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate.    I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck.   Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Where is Frankie?

Many have missed KIRO 7's weekend PM weather anchor, Frankie Katafias, so I reached out to some of my sources to find an answer.    She is apparently taking a few months of leave, but not known specifically what the reason may be.  Although there is uncertainty, it could be a personal or family matter.   I am told she is expected back at some point in the new year.  She is a great asset to what has become a troubled station.  Meanwhile former KOIN Portland chief met holds down the fort.