Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning. Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next. Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management. Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate. I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck. Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...
What this man won’t do, shameless self promoter
ReplyDeleteDoes Gee happen to know that the interim chief lives in WISCONSIN? Is Seattle renting employees or something from out of state?
ReplyDeleteHe lives in Illinois near Chicago.
DeleteWhy did Gee feel the need to get involved here? While Barnes might have appreciated the heads up, it damages any shred of journalistic credibility that Gee has by personally involving himself in this way.
ReplyDeleteGee was hired on a personality and just filler to KIRO's news-talk lineup. He is not a journalist by any measure considering he already has made himself the story far too many times than breaking any actual stories. Why didn't you go to the presser yourself, Gee? Better yet, since you had Barnes' personal number, you could have instead invited Barnes on your show and in those three hours, actually do something of a service and have all of us in Seattle hear his side of the story?
ReplyDeleteI don't know much about Gee, but Ursula is a top notch newsie, so I guess they wanted a polar opposite. Apparently he fit the bill. My guess is Barnes didn't want to react in any way to the so-called warning. He played it smart and got a great buyout.
DeleteIt would have been a good service for Gee to invite Barnes onto KIRO Radio to share his side of the story. However, I can understand Barnes not wanting to risk a good buyout offer, and preferring to stay quiet. I do hope that, someday, we will hear Barnes' side of the story.
DeleteUnfortunately, we never will hear from Barnes' side of the story. He is going back "home" to the Midwest or already has left.
Delete