Ok, here goes, after some deliberation, it emphasizes daily field coverage and consistent performance.
1. Drew Mikkelsen KING. Great covering the statehouse and the South Sound. Consistent, solid, versatile, strong presentation every time. I feel like he really loves his job and he's been at it a long time. I give him a nod for being with KING the entire time after a stellar stint at KGW in Portland.
2. Chris Daniels KOMO. This was a close call for #1. I think Daniels has the best handle on Seattle politics and government that I have seen for a long, long time. He's trusted by officials. Determined and has a strong work ethic. His posts about Seattle sports (not the business of sports) are a little much for me, but he has a following for his work on that side of the line.
3 .Jeremy Harris, KOMO. I have criticized Jeremy for being overly hyped on a lot of his crime reporting, which is almost a Sinclair requirement, but he is strong on live shots and like to pursue answers. He's aggressive and I like that a lot. Lost art.
4. Eric Thomas, KIRO. His versatility on news and sports is very impressive. Good at the anchor desk, but has solid presence on live shots and reporting in the field.
5. Shawn Chitnis, Fox 13, good, consistent morning field guy at a station which has too many anchors and not enough strong go-to reporters, especially after the late Steve Kiggins departed. He would have been in the top five. He has excellent WA experience from Spokand and Yakima TV. That counts.
Honorble Mention:
Christian Balderas at KING, a really good newcomer. Like his style.
Jackie Kent, KOMO. Solid, dependabl, consistent, good live presence.
Tyler Cunnington at KOMO, also an up-and-comer. Solid performer so far.

Comments
Post a Comment