Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning. Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next. Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management. Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate. I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck. Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...
MEDIA MAVEN - Publishing media news and opinion (with some sarcasm and humor) in the Pacific Northwest, covering Seattle TV talent and programming & even a litte beyond. Maybe even some sports. Retired longtime broadcast journalist and manager in multiple top markets, ex-writing prof at UW and PLU in WA St., wrote Season of the 76ers (2002) and a new horror novel, Blood Stained Papers. Kent State and American U Masters alum, Pittsburgh native. Copyright 2025-26 All Rights Reserved

I would assume that, if thunder and lightning are occuring in a populated place like Seattle, then lots of people are hearing and seeing it. Thunder isn't exactly known for being quiet, and lightning flashes are large and bright. The fact that Whittenburg felt the need to ask this question reeks of a desire to get clicks.
ReplyDeleteWould agree. What I will also say is that this might have also been an attempt by him to gather info for the station's coverage as well to ascertain where things were taking place since a lot of the outer areas of the market (Bellingham/Skagit Valley/south of Olympia) weren't actually seeing things at that point when Seattle was getting it. Whittenberg's X feed isn't too bad a follow but he has done this type of thing from time to time in the past on there.
DeleteAll he needed to do was write "Let us know where you're hearing it.'.
DeleteFair
Delete"Let us know where you're hearing it" would have been a much better way of asking this question. It would have created an oppertunity to generate meaningful contributions to the station's coverage.
DeleteExactly.
DeleteAnd its raining actual cats and dogs!
ReplyDeleteHe likes to connect with the viewers.
ReplyDeleteTrue, but his wording was weak in this one
Delete