Skip to main content

Almost a dead heat topping Seattle June Radio


KUOW-FM still wins the month, but the number fell sharply from a 10.1 share in May to 7.4 in June, with KIRO-AM jumping .5 share points to 7.3.  Gotta assume it's World Cup/Seattle games fever!. 

In other news, KNKX topped KNWN by a .1 for the second straight month.   KEXP has dropped from a 6.3 in March to a 2.6 in June.  

The full chart is here:

https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb039

Totals are Persons 6+, Mon-Sun, 6am-midnight

This profile contains an quarter hour rating (AQH) share of persons, ages 6+, Monday through Sunday in the Metro Survey Area.

A share is the percentage of those listening to radio in the MSA who are listening to a particular radio station.

Comments

  1. The World Cup certainly seems to have had an impact on the radio ratings. However, I wonder if the start of the summer vacation season may also be contributing to KUOW's sharp, sudden drop in the ratings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree...people are checking out for a vacation from radio.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED: Seattle TV Weather Wizard's Finale

Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning.  Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next.  Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management.  Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate.    I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck.   Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Rebecca Stevenson has left KOMO

 "I am no longer at Komo 4." Thanks.  Longtime Weather Anchor Rebecca Stevenson confirms that she left the station just before Christmas.  Her last Facebook posts are 12/17.  She has the Seattle station Quintafecta, having worked at the old NWCN, KING, KIRO, KCPQ and KOMO.  Looks like her decision.  Wants a new chapter.   She was doing mainly weekend evenings for KOMO.  Perhaps Stella Sun will move there.   She has been sharing weekend mornings with Theron Zahn.    

Where is Frankie?

Many have missed KIRO 7's weekend PM weather anchor, Frankie Katafias, so I reached out to some of my sources to find an answer.    She is apparently taking a few months of leave, but not known specifically what the reason may be.  Although there is uncertainty, it could be a personal or family matter.   I am told she is expected back at some point in the new year.  She is a great asset to what has become a troubled station.  Meanwhile former KOIN Portland chief met holds down the fort.