KOMO Senior News Reporter posts this after the Stanley Cup Finals. Clicks, click, clicks. Good for you Chris. The Hartford Whaler logo from the great beyond. Stonehenge. Meaningless. I don't get it at all. Why? Pick your poison. Covering sports business or pushing old hockey logos? No young folks care. Cover City Hall more.
Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning. Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next. Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management. Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate. I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck. Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Its a nice logo, but what is the point that Daniels is trying to make by posting it? I'd like to know what the thinking is.
ReplyDeleteDid Chris wrong you at some point? Reporters are allowed to cover more than one beat.
ReplyDeleteNot at all, he's probably the best street reporter in the market.
DeleteIf I'm not mistaken, he may also be the longest tenured reporter on Seattle television at this point as well.
DeleteYes, pretty sure he is.
DeleteThis Wayne was the back end of what I think was a two-part post by Daniels, the first part of which was the more news-worthy piece. Carolina's owner is the guy who bought the Blazers from Jody Allen and possibly could be mixed up in a potential Seahawks purchase as well although he hasn't been officially ID'd as a presumed Seahawk bidder. That said, he wasn't reported in the mix down in Portland either to buy the Blazers and his purchase of that team was a surprise to a lot of people. So we will see. As for the logo, that particular one has gained a lot of renewed popularity in recent years and the Hurricanes actually have a section on their team store devoted to Whalers merchandise.
ReplyDeleteQuite a Strettttttch. Lol
ReplyDelete