As I posted in my Emmy winners blog Saturday night, KING reporter Jim Nelson took shots at influencers who, in his award-winning statement, didn't measure up to telling the real stories like TV folk like him do. I liked his take, but now, he is backpeddling. Let me guess, too much bravado at the dinner after too much wine.
Our friends at ftvlive.com posted this. Jim, at least get a suit and shirt that fit.
https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2026/6/1/seattle-reporter-rips-influencers

Nelson doesn't need to backpeddle. What he said was spot on!
ReplyDeleteNelson is not the first to have said it, Mark Anthony from Medium wrote a piece about this debate a few years back. Here's the link to the article: https://markanthony1965.medium.com/journalists-vs-influencers-we-are-not-the-same-95e4a31d565a
DeleteThanks for this add to the site!
DeleteWhat a great speech. I wish he would have stuck to his guns. If any influencers are offended, then maybe they need to up their game.
ReplyDeleteThey also have a right to tell their side.