Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning. Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next. Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management. Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate. I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck. Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...
MEDIA MAVEN - Publishing media news and opinion (with some sarcasm and humor) in the Pacific Northwest, covering Seattle TV talent and programming & even a litte beyond. Maybe even some sports. Retired longtime broadcast journalist and manager in multiple top markets, ex-writing prof at UW and PLU in WA St., wrote Season of the 76ers (2002) and a new horror novel, Blood Stained Papers. Kent State and American U Masters alum, Pittsburgh native. Copyright 2025-26 All Rights Reserved

Ha! But that wasn't the biggest sh!tshow that night, if you know what I mean and I think you do...
ReplyDeleteThe refs?
ReplyDeleteYeah, the refs weren't good but it was already a hot mess because a certain someone (who doesn't give a damn about the NBA) decided he had to be at the game...
DeleteTrue that.
ReplyDeleteESPN could have handeled this so much better. Better chairs would have made for a more pleasant expierence for the six panelists. And as for having six panelists, thats fine if the show is long enough for everyone to be able to bring meaningful insights into the conversation. But its not. If the show is to remain at its current length, cutting down to three panelists would make a difference. I hate to see anyone be excluded, but there is a such thing as having too many cooks.
ReplyDelete