The network announced that CBS Radio will be shut down in May after 100 years. Mr..Murrow is rolling over in his grave multiple times today. Here's the on- air reaction at 97.3 KIRO mornings with Charlie Harger, Chris Sullivan and Manda Factor. Not a pretty sight, today, for an industry in peril.
Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning. Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next. Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management. Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate. I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck. Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

CBS NewsRadio is an institution in radio news, and its demise will leave a hole in the radio landscape. I wish every station that is losing CBS NewsRadio all the best in finding a new provider of news. I suspect the phones at ABC NewsRadio and Fox NewsRadio are ringing off the hook!
ReplyDeleteIt’s just flat out sad
ReplyDeleteRich
They were the hallmark of broadcast news. I remember the CBS Radio jingle at the top of the hour when listening to an affiliate.
ReplyDeletehttps://mvbarer.blogspot.com/2026/03/the-famous-cbs-radio-news-jingle.html The jingle here
DeleteA winner Everytime! Loved the ABC jingle late 60s and Monitor, too.
ReplyDelete