Skip to main content

Where's Walter?




Sources tell me that Walter Jones was not employed by KING5 for Super Bowl coverage, despite being the on-set analyst for the station's The Fifth Quarter show after Sunday Night Football all season.  Apparently, his deal with K5 ended with the final show after the NFL championship game, as I suspected, but perhaps nothing could be worked out financially with the Super Bowl budget going forward.  No Fifth Quarter show was specifically scheduled.   Surprised the Seahawks didn't weigh in with some cash to keep him front and center in some way.   Of course, with all the K5 personnel traveling to the Olympics and the Super Bowl, something or someone had to give.   I still think K5 should go after Matt Hasselbeck.  The program needs a stronger voice, even via ZOOM.




Comments

  1. In an interview with KJR Hosts Dave & Dick, Walter Jones stated he attended the Super Bowl as a fan this month and absolutely loved it. You can listen to the interview here.
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/softy-dick-interviews/id1245866571?i=1000749173595

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that post. I had heard he just wanted to be a fan that week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED: Seattle TV Weather Wizard's Finale

Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning.  Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next.  Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management.  Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate.    I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck.   Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Rebecca Stevenson has left KOMO

 "I am no longer at Komo 4." Thanks.  Longtime Weather Anchor Rebecca Stevenson confirms that she left the station just before Christmas.  Her last Facebook posts are 12/17.  She has the Seattle station Quintafecta, having worked at the old NWCN, KING, KIRO, KCPQ and KOMO.  Looks like her decision.  Wants a new chapter.   She was doing mainly weekend evenings for KOMO.  Perhaps Stella Sun will move there.   She has been sharing weekend mornings with Theron Zahn.    

Where is Frankie?

Many have missed KIRO 7's weekend PM weather anchor, Frankie Katafias, so I reached out to some of my sources to find an answer.    She is apparently taking a few months of leave, but not known specifically what the reason may be.  Although there is uncertainty, it could be a personal or family matter.   I am told she is expected back at some point in the new year.  She is a great asset to what has become a troubled station.  Meanwhile former KOIN Portland chief met holds down the fort.