Skip to main content

This Seattle TV selects its Super team tandem

 

As predicted here, KIRO 7 is sending main male weeknight anchor Gary Horcher along with weekend evening anchor and sometimes sports reporter Eric Thomas to Santa Clara starting Monday to handle Super Bowl coverage.  I still think 'Play for the Bay' is an absurd, meaningless slogan. But, despite that, Snoqualmie Casino is sponsoring! 

The biggest surprise;  First, Fox 13 has sports boss Aaron Levine, Alyssa Charston-Smith and Ethan McReynolds at the game with reports beginning on the Sunday night sports show.  But, secondly, the station promises 7 straight hours of live coverage on Super Sunday, refusing to concede any sports territory to KING, despite having the game and the Olympics as well.   Good fight going.

Meanwhile, KING sending at least 5 on-air folks, according to one of our readers, including Silvi and Joyce Taylor.   

No word from KOMO that I have seen, beyond Niko Tamurian heading to the game with reports starting Monday.  They may want to keep Chris in Seattle with all the ICE issues that may increase.  He is the best source for CIty Hall and the cops.    Update: Daniels there now as well.

Comments

  1. Of all the people KIRO could have sent, Gary and Eric are the best choices. They have the Seahawks knowledge (Gary) and sports reporting expierence (Eric especially, but really both of them at this point) needed to do the job well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a strong team for KING 5 with Paul and Joyce. Two familiar faces and news professionals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED: Seattle TV Weather Wizard's Finale

Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning.  Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next.  Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management.  Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate.    I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck.   Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Rebecca Stevenson has left KOMO

 "I am no longer at Komo 4." Thanks.  Longtime Weather Anchor Rebecca Stevenson confirms that she left the station just before Christmas.  Her last Facebook posts are 12/17.  She has the Seattle station Quintafecta, having worked at the old NWCN, KING, KIRO, KCPQ and KOMO.  Looks like her decision.  Wants a new chapter.   She was doing mainly weekend evenings for KOMO.  Perhaps Stella Sun will move there.   She has been sharing weekend mornings with Theron Zahn.    

Where is Frankie?

Many have missed KIRO 7's weekend PM weather anchor, Frankie Katafias, so I reached out to some of my sources to find an answer.    She is apparently taking a few months of leave, but not known specifically what the reason may be.  Although there is uncertainty, it could be a personal or family matter.   I am told she is expected back at some point in the new year.  She is a great asset to what has become a troubled station.  Meanwhile former KOIN Portland chief met holds down the fort.