Skip to main content

PUBLISHER UPDATE ON THIS ERROR





Somehow I thought a story about a weather anchor at KXLY was new, but I totally botched the poat.    My apoligies to the two gentlemen involved, to the station for causing any confusion and to my eagle-eyed readers here.   No excuses.

Comments

  1. Congrats to Matt and Mark on their new roles!

    These new roles come at an exicting time for KXLY, who is just about to take over (I believe the change starts this weekend or early next week) responsibility for the local FOX affiliate's morning and 10pm newscasts, replacing longtime provider KHQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and withTegna's KREM in play, it gives 4 a major boost in the market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KREM was always my go-to station whenever important news was happening in Spokane, thanks in large part to KREM's connection to NWCN. They were always a couple steps ahead of the competition. These days, KREM is still okay, but I don't get the sense they are nearly as far ahead as they once were. KXLY is quickly gaining on them.

      Delete
  3. Peterson stepped down a year ago and Gray took over. This news is from 2025.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My eyesight must be going...I thought it was just this month. Gotta clean the specs. Thank you for giving me the straight stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha. Wayne might be bored and is messing with our minds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too much coffee sometimes causes errors...
    Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're still human, Wayne. At least you didn't bury the lead or butcher the footage. Even meteorologists still keep their job when they still get the forecast wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED: Seattle TV Weather Wizard's Finale

Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning.  Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next.  Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management.  Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate.    I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck.   Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Rebecca Stevenson has left KOMO

 "I am no longer at Komo 4." Thanks.  Longtime Weather Anchor Rebecca Stevenson confirms that she left the station just before Christmas.  Her last Facebook posts are 12/17.  She has the Seattle station Quintafecta, having worked at the old NWCN, KING, KIRO, KCPQ and KOMO.  Looks like her decision.  Wants a new chapter.   She was doing mainly weekend evenings for KOMO.  Perhaps Stella Sun will move there.   She has been sharing weekend mornings with Theron Zahn.    

Where is Frankie?

Many have missed KIRO 7's weekend PM weather anchor, Frankie Katafias, so I reached out to some of my sources to find an answer.    She is apparently taking a few months of leave, but not known specifically what the reason may be.  Although there is uncertainty, it could be a personal or family matter.   I am told she is expected back at some point in the new year.  She is a great asset to what has become a troubled station.  Meanwhile former KOIN Portland chief met holds down the fort.