Skip to main content

Seahawks do their own ceremony telecast


The team used its own production facility and personnel at Lumen to provide the ceremony telecast exclusively on KING at 10 a.m., just like for home pre-season games on K5.   The show had great player and fan closeups, music, dancing, speeches, toasts, Ernest Jones' totally unnecessary and embarrassing double profanity at a family event, the works (I swear Steve Raible grimaced at those words, not to mention the middle finger on the shirt).   Radio pbp man Steve Raible actually anchored the event.   KING had Paul Silvi and Ariel Orsuto at a separate desk inside the stadium.  Partnership paid off!  The other stations, including KING, set up reporters along the parade route.   

BTW, Kenneth Walker III, the Super Bowl MVP, did not speak and was only briefly mentioned awkwardly that I saw.  That seemed strange.  Soft spoken, so maybe he didn't want the added attention?  Or maybe he's already committed to Vegas with Kubiak??

Comments

  1. I hear you Wayne re: Ernest Jones. Hopefully KING had the TV broadcast on seven-second delay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it came thru loud and clear and to the entire stadium.

      Delete
    2. I saw it live and yes the first thing I thought is, oh great, the FCC is going to be calling

      Delete
  2. It’s amazing — and impressive — how KING continues to invest in its product. Sometime soon there will be a “last man standing” in local TV news and 5 will be it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally true. Probably King and Fox 13 will survive. KOMO depends on Sinclair which is not a positive. If Nexstar gets KING, they do so knowing it's power legacy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never given too much thought to which station might end up being the last one standing in this market should we get to the point of seeing entire stations close down, but I would have to agree that KING and Fox 13 currently seem poised to be the last two. I hope we don't lose any of our stations, but the possibility can't be taken completley off the table at this point.

      Delete
  4. KING and FOX are good looking stations with okay on-air products, but neither is currently top of the market. FOX pre-records newscasts. KING looks like the Mickey Mouse Club with all of those young faces. Partnerships are great during the season, but the true “pay off” would be an ROI in the form of lasting ratings growth. That said, I do worry about KING. Nexstar is everything Sinclair wishes it could be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think KING's new graphics beginning with a center screen square is totally unattractive. Don't get the concept at all. KOMO seems to be walking in place right now. Status quo. Fox folks do too much smiling banter in the morning, but I will be more curious about changes in their overall studio look when they move downtown. It looks cheap too often. KIRO is living on a prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not one, two but 3 "F Bombs" on live tv. Will that cost KING some money? And I can't believe there wasn't a delay in play there

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED: Seattle TV Weather Wizard's Finale

Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning.  Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next.  Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management.  Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate.    I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck.   Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Rebecca Stevenson has left KOMO

 "I am no longer at Komo 4." Thanks.  Longtime Weather Anchor Rebecca Stevenson confirms that she left the station just before Christmas.  Her last Facebook posts are 12/17.  She has the Seattle station Quintafecta, having worked at the old NWCN, KING, KIRO, KCPQ and KOMO.  Looks like her decision.  Wants a new chapter.   She was doing mainly weekend evenings for KOMO.  Perhaps Stella Sun will move there.   She has been sharing weekend mornings with Theron Zahn.    

Where is Frankie?

Many have missed KIRO 7's weekend PM weather anchor, Frankie Katafias, so I reached out to some of my sources to find an answer.    She is apparently taking a few months of leave, but not known specifically what the reason may be.  Although there is uncertainty, it could be a personal or family matter.   I am told she is expected back at some point in the new year.  She is a great asset to what has become a troubled station.  Meanwhile former KOIN Portland chief met holds down the fort.