Skip to main content

Sad to report this loss on the Seattle TV front


Former Fox 13 Seattle reporter Steve Kiggins, who joined Northwest Now at KBTC Tacoma after leaving 13, has passed away, per this post from show host Tom Layson

"I'm sorry to report that our Northwest Now freelance reporting ace Steve Kiggins has passed away. He will be greatly missed. Steve was so funny and warm - and made a great contribution to our efforts on Northwest Now. I, and all of us at KBTC, send our best wishes to Steve's friends and family. I have the satisfaction knowing that he loved working on Northwest Now, and that according to him, he did some of the best work of his career with us. Rest in Peace Steve."


Comments

  1. I'm saddned to hear of Kiggins' passing. He was a solid, reliable reporter at Fox 13 throughout the 2010s, and got to shine even brighter on Northwest Now. He will be deeply missed. My condolences to his family, friends, and colleagues.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED: Seattle TV Weather Wizard's Finale

Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning.  Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next.  Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management.  Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate.    I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck.   Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Rebecca Stevenson has left KOMO

 "I am no longer at Komo 4." Thanks.  Longtime Weather Anchor Rebecca Stevenson confirms that she left the station just before Christmas.  Her last Facebook posts are 12/17.  She has the Seattle station Quintafecta, having worked at the old NWCN, KING, KIRO, KCPQ and KOMO.  Looks like her decision.  Wants a new chapter.   She was doing mainly weekend evenings for KOMO.  Perhaps Stella Sun will move there.   She has been sharing weekend mornings with Theron Zahn.    

Where is Frankie?

Many have missed KIRO 7's weekend PM weather anchor, Frankie Katafias, so I reached out to some of my sources to find an answer.    She is apparently taking a few months of leave, but not known specifically what the reason may be.  Although there is uncertainty, it could be a personal or family matter.   I am told she is expected back at some point in the new year.  She is a great asset to what has become a troubled station.  Meanwhile former KOIN Portland chief met holds down the fort.