Skip to main content

New face on Rip City?

Surprised to see Jason Benetti filling in for Kevin Calabro on a Portland Trailblazers game Wednesday night on the CW.   He's in the hunt for the big upcoming NBC Sunday Night Baseball gig, has been the voice of the AL Chisox and Tigers and worked with Seattle's Brock Huard on Fox college football.  A cerebral palsy patient, he has carved out quite a rep in sportscasting.  Strong talent and versatile.

Comments

  1. He did substitute work for them last year as well. Should mention he has a new baseball employer - MLB took over the Tigers local TV deal on Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I hadn't seen him before, just happened upon the Blazers telecast but not really interested in the team. He's a good one to survive all the media machinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calabro getting ready to be the new voice of the Sonics in a couple years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could not agree more for KC to be back at courtside. Love his speed and style.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED: Seattle TV Weather Wizard's Finale

Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning.  Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next.  Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management.  Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate.    I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck.   Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Rebecca Stevenson has left KOMO

 "I am no longer at Komo 4." Thanks.  Longtime Weather Anchor Rebecca Stevenson confirms that she left the station just before Christmas.  Her last Facebook posts are 12/17.  She has the Seattle station Quintafecta, having worked at the old NWCN, KING, KIRO, KCPQ and KOMO.  Looks like her decision.  Wants a new chapter.   She was doing mainly weekend evenings for KOMO.  Perhaps Stella Sun will move there.   She has been sharing weekend mornings with Theron Zahn.    

Where is Frankie?

Many have missed KIRO 7's weekend PM weather anchor, Frankie Katafias, so I reached out to some of my sources to find an answer.    She is apparently taking a few months of leave, but not known specifically what the reason may be.  Although there is uncertainty, it could be a personal or family matter.   I am told she is expected back at some point in the new year.  She is a great asset to what has become a troubled station.  Meanwhile former KOIN Portland chief met holds down the fort.