Skip to main content

KING Keeps the Kraken on ice


Good news for Seattle hockey fans.   KING5 has announced it has signed a multi-year extension to broadcast Kraken games on KING and KONG.   Still wondering if any station will step up to offer free TV games for the Mariners in what could be another playoff year.

https://www.king5.com/mobile/article/sports/nhl/kraken/seattle-kraken-king-5-extension-broadcast-partnership/281-8b7022ad-d589-410c-8d26-c75f51cf39ba

Comments

  1. Excellent news although I will say that with ROOT's closure, the Kraken didn't have I don't think a lot of other options, maybe Fox 13, maybe take it streaming exclusive with Victory Plus, but aside from that, not sure what else would have made sense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KOMO and its sister station KUNS (the current home of ARC Seattle and the CW network) might have been an option.

      Delete
    2. Given the mess Sinclair made of its (Diamond) sports deal, I doubt it would be interested in paying for baseball on free tv. They do get live sports as a CW affiliate for ARC, but that might be the extent of it.

      Delete
    3. You make a good point. They do have the airtime to accommodate the games, especially on KUNS, which is why it seemed like an option to me. However, if the finances don't allow, then it doesn't really matter how much airtime you have.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED: Seattle TV Weather Wizard's Finale

Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning.  Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next.  Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management.  Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate.    I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck.   Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Rebecca Stevenson has left KOMO

 "I am no longer at Komo 4." Thanks.  Longtime Weather Anchor Rebecca Stevenson confirms that she left the station just before Christmas.  Her last Facebook posts are 12/17.  She has the Seattle station Quintafecta, having worked at the old NWCN, KING, KIRO, KCPQ and KOMO.  Looks like her decision.  Wants a new chapter.   She was doing mainly weekend evenings for KOMO.  Perhaps Stella Sun will move there.   She has been sharing weekend mornings with Theron Zahn.    

Where is Frankie?

Many have missed KIRO 7's weekend PM weather anchor, Frankie Katafias, so I reached out to some of my sources to find an answer.    She is apparently taking a few months of leave, but not known specifically what the reason may be.  Although there is uncertainty, it could be a personal or family matter.   I am told she is expected back at some point in the new year.  She is a great asset to what has become a troubled station.  Meanwhile former KOIN Portland chief met holds down the fort.