As they depart Milan, KING Olympic reporters Chris Egan and Jake Whittenberg pitching Mike Tirico to head for the PNW after his Milan achievements.
Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning. Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next. Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management. Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate. I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck. Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Tirico might be convinced to visit the Northwest some day. But I doubt he'll be convinced to work up here. Can't blame Egan and Whittenberg for trying though!
ReplyDeleteTirico's not exactly a great guy in a lot of ways...
ReplyDeleteYeah, some trouble at ESPN back in the day. But he is riding the crest of going from Super Bowl to the Olympics and his final monologue after the finale. Much more of Mike dead ahead.
Delete