Skip to main content

A vote for this Seattle Weather WIzard and others.


Just want to say that I think Parella Lewis has really done well since coming back to Seattle and re-joining the KING weather team.  She's comfortable, authoratative and on point with her presentation.  There were concerns about how she departed her past station internally in the Carolinas, but I see good stuff on air, at least.    Actually, I think the Seattle TVweather talent is among the best anywhere.  Her,  Rich Marriott, Shannon O'Donnell, Morgan Palmer, Nick Allard, Claire Anderson, Brian MacMillan, George Waldenberger, Stella Sun, Theron Zahn, Leah Pezzeti and more.    Lots of talent.   Oddly, although you can get local weather on your phone, these folks make it good to still check on regular TV and the stations emphasize them.

Comments

  1. The Seattle television market has had a long history of excellent weather talent, and that legacy continues to this day. We are fortunate to have such an array of expierenced professionals across the four TV news departments forecasting the weather in has been said to be one of the toughest markets to predict the weather in anywhere in the country. Sunny all summer and rainy the rest of the year our weather might generally be, but our various microclimates keep things very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would be hard to equal the days of Pool, Renner and Woppler but the talent here is good. News anchors seem to be a shadow of their former self and same with sports, to a degree at least. Susan Hutchinson, Lewis/Goertzen, Enerson and Bounds will probably never be replicated again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED: Seattle TV Weather Wizard's Finale

Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning.  Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next.  Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management.  Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate.    I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck.   Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Rebecca Stevenson has left KOMO

 "I am no longer at Komo 4." Thanks.  Longtime Weather Anchor Rebecca Stevenson confirms that she left the station just before Christmas.  Her last Facebook posts are 12/17.  She has the Seattle station Quintafecta, having worked at the old NWCN, KING, KIRO, KCPQ and KOMO.  Looks like her decision.  Wants a new chapter.   She was doing mainly weekend evenings for KOMO.  Perhaps Stella Sun will move there.   She has been sharing weekend mornings with Theron Zahn.    

Where is Frankie?

Many have missed KIRO 7's weekend PM weather anchor, Frankie Katafias, so I reached out to some of my sources to find an answer.    She is apparently taking a few months of leave, but not known specifically what the reason may be.  Although there is uncertainty, it could be a personal or family matter.   I am told she is expected back at some point in the new year.  She is a great asset to what has become a troubled station.  Meanwhile former KOIN Portland chief met holds down the fort.