Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning. Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next. Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management. Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate. I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck. Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...
MEDIA MAVEN - Publishing media news and opinion (with some sarcasm and humor) in the Pacific Northwest, covering Seattle TV talent and programming & even a litte beyond. Maybe even some sports. Retired longtime broadcast journalist and manager in multiple top markets, ex-writing prof at UW and PLU in WA St., wrote Season of the 76ers (2002) and a new horror novel, Blood Stained Papers. Kent State and American U Masters alum, Pittsburgh native. Copyright 2025-26 All Rights Reserved

I also haven't heard whether Chris Daniels is going or not. I would assume he is since he is KOMO's senior reporter and regularly covers sports. Perhaps he just isn't leaving town as early as Niko is.
ReplyDeleteI hope Niko has a good time. This is going to be a great oppertunity for him to really shine!
I would guess Chris D will be all over the team sale angle. Not a bad choice for the job.
ReplyDeleteI thought that story had already been debunked? Both The Seattle Times and the Tri-City Herald had stories yesterday saying the team had denied that it was going to be sold.
DeleteIn any case, Daniels would be the best reporter to cover it for KOMO as he has covered the business side of our region's sports teams extensivley over the years.
It's been denied, yes, but there will be a buzz about it with Goodell doing his usual presser and players being asked about it as a potential distraction. The reporter who broke it also broke the Belichick snub, there's that. It will be a topic on conversation all week.
DeleteNo doubt it will be!
DeleteThe plot thickens as Pro Football Talk reports that the league fined owner Jody Allen 5 million for not selling the team soon enough, not complying with Allen's wishes. Lots of extra questions coming on this same issue on the run--up to the game.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update. This part of the story just got much more interesting.
Delete