Skip to main content

Ex Seattle TV Weather WIzard moving on


Some of you may remember Jim Castillo, former KCPQ and KOMO meteorologist.  He eventually moved back to his hometown area of St. Louis to forecast for Tegna's KSDK.   Now, he says he will start 2026 as a Chief Met at KSBY in San Luis Obispo, CA (Central Coast and owned by Scripps)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/working-at-5-on-your-side-an-honor-says-meteorologist-jim-castillo-as-he-prepares-to-sign-off/ar-AA1TaeMs?ocid=BingNewsSerp

Comments

  1. I have to wonder if this is a case of the old "You can't fire me. I quit."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing happened to the morning news anchor. Tegna hijinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KSDK does seem to be going through some turmoil right now. I hear they are moving to a new building soon, so maybe that will help brighten the station's spirits.

      Delete
  3. I remember him from KOMO's morning and midday newscasts in the late 2000s. He was always upbeat, professional, and humorous. I wish him the best of luck at KSBY. I hear that station has been put through the ringer by Scripps in recent years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim was also the original chief met at FOX13 when they "re"-launched newscasts in 1998.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rebecca Stevenson has left KOMO

 "I am no longer at Komo 4." Thanks.  Longtime Weather Anchor Rebecca Stevenson confirms that she left the station just before Christmas.  Her last Facebook posts are 12/17.  She has the Seattle station Quintafecta, having worked at the old NWCN, KING, KIRO, KCPQ and KOMO.  Looks like her decision.  Wants a new chapter.   She was doing mainly weekend evenings for KOMO.  Perhaps Stella Sun will move there.   She has been sharing weekend mornings with Theron Zahn.    

UPDATED: Seattle TV Weather Wizard's Finale

Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning.  Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next.  Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management.  Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate.    I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck.   Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Where is Frankie?

Many have missed KIRO 7's weekend PM weather anchor, Frankie Katafias, so I reached out to some of my sources to find an answer.    She is apparently taking a few months of leave, but not known specifically what the reason may be.  Although there is uncertainty, it could be a personal or family matter.   I am told she is expected back at some point in the new year.  She is a great asset to what has become a troubled station.  Meanwhile former KOIN Portland chief met holds down the fort.