Shannon O'Donnell, chief Met at KOMO Seattle, looks back 20 years ago at the link below with some pub and pics from Northwest Cable News, which launched in Dec. 1995 and lasted until Jan 2017. Proud to have worked there for 11 years as News Director.
Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning. Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next. Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management. Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate. I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck. Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Thirty years ago! A lot of great people in that shop. Wish it was still around.
ReplyDeleteI agree! The Northwest needs an alternative to the national cable news channels that puts the Northwest and the people who call this region home first. Our region often feels like its an afterthought to the major national news organizations.
Delete