Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning. Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next. Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management. Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate. I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck. Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...
MEDIA MAVEN - Publishing media news and opinion (with some sarcasm and humor) in the Pacific Northwest, covering Seattle TV talent and programming & even a litte beyond. Maybe even some sports. Retired longtime broadcast journalist and manager in multiple top markets, ex-writing prof at UW and PLU in WA St., wrote Season of the 76ers (2002) and a new horror novel, Blood Stained Papers. Kent State and American U Masters alum, Pittsburgh native. Copyright 2025-26 All Rights Reserved

Looks like college tv
ReplyDeleteThe Fox 13 newsroom and studio are on the basement level of the building on Westlake Ave. N. in Seattle. It has a dungeon like atmosphere and not much space.
ReplyDeleteIs there empty space elsewhere in the building that could house another studio or a relocated newsroom?
DeleteI don't know anymore about the building, so don't know if expansion works. I count Studio 13, Washington Sports Wrap, 5 pm top block, and weekend interview area all done from same set with seating and graphic changes. Very cable-like. Fox example, KING has a full studio for New Day NW.
ReplyDeleteI get the feeling Fox 13's building was not necessarily designed to meet the station's current needs, and that they are doing what they can to make it work, even if it doesn't look the best. I wonder if they might have plans to eventually expand the current building or relocate to a newer, larger facility.
DeleteDoubt Fox woul expand the building. No ROI in the current emphasis on streaming. Fox 13 is pushing that. No set really needed, right?
ReplyDeleteNo, I guess you don't really need a formal set for streaming. You can go live from pretty much anywhere these days.
Delete