Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning. Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next. Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management. Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate. I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck. Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...
MEDIA MAVEN - Publishing media news and opinion (with some sarcasm and humor) in the Pacific Northwest, covering Seattle TV talent and programming & even a litte beyond. Maybe even some sports. Retired longtime broadcast journalist and manager in multiple top markets, ex-writing prof at UW and PLU in WA St., wrote Season of the 76ers (2002) and a new horror novel, Blood Stained Papers. Kent State and American U Masters alum, Pittsburgh native. Copyright 2025-26 All Rights Reserved

First, congrats on reaching 100,000 views! That is quite the accomplishment for a niche blog such as this one. Second, your blog has indeed served its purpose, but that doesn't mean it has to stop. There is still more Seattle media news to cover. There is more praise and constructive criticism to hand out to Seattle media outlets and figures. It never stops. As long as we have TV and radio stations, freedom of speech, and freedom of the press, it likely never will. Third, it is a shame that you have only have one follower. Your blog deserves many, many more followers.
ReplyDeleteI'll follow your blog, keep her rolling.
ReplyDeleteRemember, not all readers are followers.
ReplyDeleteGood reminder, Mike, thank you
DeleteI usually read this first thing in the morning. I really appreciate your efforts, perhaps you can publish once a week
ReplyDeleteThank you sir, that is very nice to hear. So kind.
DeleteI read this daily as it’s the only source of local broadcast news since NW Broadcasting shut down. As the person above said, maybe post news once a week. Thank you for your blog and time!
ReplyDeleteThank you for those kind words. It is great to hear from readers like you.
ReplyDeleteI supplied Seattle media news to NW Broadcasters before going out on my own blog. That got me started.
DeleteGreat Daily read - would be missed!
DeleteThanks for that...appreciated. Glad you feel that way.
ReplyDeleteI check your site once every few days and find it incredibly interesting. No skin in the game, I just appreciate journalism in all its forms and the people who help produce it. This is a great resource, and if you’re pulling the plug, thanks for the work you’ve put into this site.
ReplyDeleteThank you Brian, appreciate your comments very much.
DeleteI check the site about every other day. I find it interesting to know what is going on with local TV. You mention that you only have one follower, but I don't see anywhere on the site where you can indicate that you want to be a follower. I agree that Seattle TV news, weather, and sports is going down the drain. Now we have news reporters doing the weather (never happened years ago), and anchors doing the sports on some stations (Bravo to KING for a good sports department).
ReplyDeleteExcept that Theron Zahn has been anchoring, reporting, and doing the weather for KOMO for many years now. I don't think having on air personalities who can fill multiple roles isn't necessarily a bad thing as it does give stations unique flexibility to deal with staff shortages, breaking news, severe weather, and major sporting events. That being said, its not always a good look when such fiexibility is being utilized so broadly and so often.
DeleteIt can impact credibility, but in today's world, it doesn't make waves.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI just learned how to adjust my page toget followers, so now it is open. Check it out if you'd like. And thanks for bringing it to my attention. Still learning the ropes at my age.....LOL
ReplyDeleteI read every day--I appreciate the updates. I used to read NW Broadcasters every day also, until Gord retired. I do not have a google account, which means I could never comment.
ReplyDeletePlease keep up the good work!
I have opened up the site to PUBLIC so now you can comment and follow at will, lol. Gord is a great guy and he helped me get started.
ReplyDeleteHi Wayne. I don't (and won't) register as a follower. I work in an industry that necessitates me following pages like this, but I find yours incredibly helpful and informative. I use it as a constant source for updates. So while not an official follower, I make sure it's a must read at least every other day.
ReplyDeleteThank you for reading and enjoying some of the info. No worries abouit following, understood.
Delete