Major insider tells the Media Maven that Kim Holcomb, who left Evening Magazine after a long and successful run, is now off to Amazon. Her former show Executive Producer, Lindsay Sieverkrop is already at ZON as is Meg Coyle another KING refugee who went to Amazon, so good connections. And, in addition, sourcce says the station is down to three finalists for the New Day NW host, a job vacated by Amity Addrisi. Nov. sweeps start Thursday from Nielsen. Watch out for a Seattle radio host to join Evening, maybe for a better demo outreach? You heard it here first.
Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning. Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next. Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management. Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate. I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck. Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...

Meg Coyle, last I remember of her is when she did a report on sledding on a Seattle hill, about 10 or so years ago and she got an earful from one of the sledders possibly giving info that the cops could get or something to that effect.
ReplyDeletehttps://mvbarer.blogspot.com/2012/01/did-king-5-break-up-party.html