Seattle ND will escape from Sinclair

 


Phil Bruce, the News Director at Seattle's KOMO, will retire at the end of the year after a teuous run with the worst company in television.  Beyond that, he lost his main weather anchor Steve Pool to cancer during his tenure, and lost his main news anchor Eric Johnson in June in a surprise retirement and  took his sports department down to just one on-air person.   Here's his message borrowed from a post on linkedin.com.   A few more months, then enjoy.

"I have been fortunate to spend most of my life in some of the great newsrooms and TV studios across America, telling stories. That was my dream long ago as a youngster in Arkansas. And I am so grateful I got to live it.

Today, I announced to my team that I’ll be retiring at the end of this year. What a gift to wrap up my broadcasting career at KOMO NEWS, surrounded by the best in the business.

Lorel and I are heading back to Texas and are finishing our new home in the Hill Country north of Austin. To the many friends we’ve made on this wonderful journey, thank you. It’s been such a joyful ride, with many new adventures still ahead."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slicing Staff in Seattle TV

Seattle Cops Chief of Staff Collateral Damage?

Major 'Evening' Departure in Seattle