July 5, 2016, a day NOT like any other day, as the KING5 building on Dexter in Seattle gets demolished after the station moved to a rented building across from then-Safeco Field in the SODO district. I ran Northwest Cable News, KING's sister station on the top floor for 11 years. It was a great place, great family of people, great legacy.
Her goodbye post below! After an almost five-year stint, FOX 13 meteorologist and part-time news anchor Abby Acone ends her run there with a final show on this Sunday morning. Married earlier this month, she left no word on what's next. Not sure if it is fully her decision, but I'm told she had 'favored nation' status with news management. Before joining 13 in December of 2021, she worked three years at KOMO and also did a stint in Tri-Cities. Fittingly, this last shot on IG is studio appropriate. I've been frequently critical of her on this site for using the station's studio to post questionable videos (IMO), but for now, good luck. Here's Abby's goodbye post: My heart is so full as I reflect on my final week at FOX 13 ❤️ 🥹 I’m incredibly grateful for my time here and for the remarkable people who made this place feel like home. I’ve had the joy of working alongside some of the most talented, hardworking, and genuinely wonderful people in th...


Yes, I had great memories of the old building, we used to go to be guests on the daily show "New Day" Margaret Larson was a pleasure to work with. Also one of the producers was so awesome. She really made us feel comfortable. I could give you her name offline, but don't wish to divulge it here. I'm friends with her on Facebook.
ReplyDelete